1. Gordon D, Nandy S. The Extent, Nature and Distribution of Child Poverty in India. Indian Journal of Human Development 2016; 10(1), 1-21.
2. Pérez-Lu JE, Cárcamo C, Nandi A, Kaufman JS. Health effects of Juntos, a conditional cash transfer program in Peru. Maternal & Child Nutrition 2016; doi: 10.1111/mcn.12348. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Hajizadeh M, Nandi A. Socioeconomic gradients in secondhand smoke exposure among children in low- and middle-income countries. Tobacco Control 2016; doi:10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2015-052828.
4. Majid MF, Mendoza Rodríguez JM, Harper S, Frank J, Nandi A. Do minimum wages improve early life health? Evidence from developing countries. Social Science & Medicine 2016; 158: 105-113.
5. Nandi A, Hajizadeh M, Harper S, Koski A, Strumpf EC, Heymann J. Increased Duration of Paid Maternity Leave Lowers Infant Mortality in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Quasi-Experimental Study. PLoS Med 2016; 13(3): e1001985. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001985
6. Conklin AI, Ponce NA, Frank J, Nandi A, Heymann J. Minimum Wage and Overweight and Obesity in Adult Women: A Multilevel Analysis of Low and Middle Income Countries. PLoS ONE 2016; 11(3): e0150736. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0150736.
7. McKinnon B, Harper S, Kaufman JS. Do Socioeconomic Inequalities in Neonatal Mortality Reflect Inequalities in Coverage of Maternal Health Services? Evidence from 48 Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Maternal and Child Health Journal 2015 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10995-015-1841-8
8. Hajizadeh M, Heymann J, Strumpf E, Harper S, Nandi A. Paid maternity leave and childhood vaccination uptake: Longitudinal evidence from 20 low-and-middle-income countries. Social Science and Medicine 2015; doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.07.008
9. Maswikwa B, Richter L, Kaufman J, Nandi A. Minimum marriage age laws , child marriage rates and adolescent birth: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa. International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health 2015; 41(2). 58-68.
10. McKinnon B, Harper S, Kaufman JS. Who benefits from removing user fees for facility-based delivery services? Evidence on socioeconomic differences from Ghana, Senegal and Sierra Leone. Social Science and Medicine 2015; 135: 117-23.
11. McKinnon B, Harper S, Kaufman JS, Bergevin Y. Removing user fees for facility-based delivery services: a difference-in-differences evaluation from ten sub-Saharan African countries. Health Policy and Planning 2015; 30(4): 432-41.
12. Nandi A, Harper S. How Consequential is Social Epidemiology? A Review of Recent Evidence. Current Epidemiology Reports 2015; 2(1): 61-70.
13. Hajizadeh M, Alam N, Nandi A. Social inequalities in the utilization of maternal care in Bangladesh: Have they widened or narrowed in recent years? International Journal for Equity in Health 2014; 13:120.
14. Quamruzzaman A, Mendoza Rodríguez JM, Heymann J, Kaufman JS, Nandi A. Are tuition-free primary education policies associated with lower infant and neonatal mortality in low- and middle-income countries? Social Science and Medicine 2014; 120C: 123-59.
15. Atabay E, Moreno G, Nandi A, Kranz G, Vincent I, Assi TM, Vaughan Winfrey EM, Earle A, Raub A, Heymann SJ. Facilitating Working Mothers’ Ability to Breastfeed: Global Trends in Guaranteeing Breastfeeding Breaks at Work, 1995-2014. Journal of Human Lactation 2014; 31(1):81-8.
16. McKinnon B, Harper S, Kaufman JS, Bergevin Y. Socioeconomic inequality in neonatal mortality in countries of low and middle income: a multicountry analysis. Lancet Global Health 2014; 2(3): e165-173.
17. Sia D, Onadja Y, Nandi A, Foro A, Brewer T. What lies behind gender inequalities in HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan African countries: evidence from Kenya, Lesotho and Tanzania. Health Policy and Planning 2013; 29(7): 938:49
18. Hajizadeh M, Nandi A, Heymann J. Social inequality in infant mortality: what explains variation across low and middle income countries? Social Science & Medicine 2014;101:36-46.
19. Hajizadeh M, Sia D, Heymann J, Nandi A. Socioeconomic inequalities in HIV/AIDS prevalence in sub-Saharan African countries: evidence from the Demographic Health Surveys. International Journal for Equity in Health 2014;13:18.
Presentations (Presenter in bold)
1. Earle A, Raub A, Moreno G, Nandi A, Kranz G, Vincent I, Perry N, Savage K, Looze JL, Heymann J. Are We There Yet? Global Progress on Work-Family Policies that Enhance Gender. Work and Family Researchers Network Conference. Washington D.C., USA, June 23, 2016.
2. Nandi A. Assessing the Impact of Social Policies on Health and Health Inequalities: Theory, Methods and Evidence. World Health Organization/Public Health Agency of Canada Technical Meeting on Measuring and Monitoring Action on the Social Determinants of Health. Ottawa, Canada, June 20 2016.
3. Jahagirdar D. The effect of paid maternity leave on early childhood growth in low and middle income countries. Canadian Society for Epidemiology and Biostatistics National Student Conference. Winnipeg, Canada, June 10 2016.
4. Nandi A. Impact of Paid Maternity Leave on Infant Mortality in Low and Middle-Income Countries. UNICEF Infant and Young Child Feeding Unit workshop. Ottawa, Canada, April 27 2016.
5. Nandi A, Heymann J. A New Data Driven Approach to Analyzing the Impact of Social Policies on Health on a Global Scale. Sparking Population Health Solutions: Research for a Healthier Future. Ottawa, Canada, April 27, 2016.
6. Arsenault C, Harper S, Nandi A, Mendoza Rodríguez JM, Hansen P, Johri M. Equity Measurement in the Post-2015: A Systematic Analysis of Inequalities in Vaccination Coverage in GAVI-supported Countries. Consortium of University for Global Health Annual meeting. San Francisco, USA, April 9, 2016.
7. Koski A, Nandi A. Twenty-Year Trends in the Prevalence of Child Marriage in Sub-Saharan Africa. Population Association of America Annual Meeting. Washington D.C., USA, April 1, 2016.
8. Kidman R, Heymann J. Do protective national marriage age policies reduce the practice of child marriage? Population Association of America Annual Meeting. Washington D.C., USA, April 1, 2016.
9. Bhuwania P, Heymann J, Mukherji A, Nandi A, Swaminathan H. Public Work Programs and Social Capital: An Exploration of NREGA in India. 3rd Annual India Human Development Survey User Conference. Delhi, India, March 16-18, 2016.
10. Arsenault C, Harper S, Nandi A, Mendoza Rodríguez JM, Hansen P, Johri M. Monitoring equity in childhood vaccination coverage : a systematic analysis of 45 Demographic and Health Surveys. 22nd Canadian Conference on Global Health. Montreal, Canada, November 5-7, 2015.
11. Arsenault C, Harper S, Nandi A, Mendoza Rodríguez JM, Hansen P, Johri M. Monitoring equity in childhood vaccination coverage : a systematic analysis of 45 Demographic and Health Surveys. Global Health Night, McGill University Faculty of Medicine. Montreal, Canada, November 3, 2015.
12. Nandi A. (Panellist with Al Rubaie W, Svensson K, Geres N, Adatti L, Labbok M). A gender-equitable maternity protection. 2015 WABA/UNICEF Symposium. Breastfeeding & Work: Contemporary Solutions to an Age-old Challenge. Stockholm, Sweden, September 27 2015.
13. Pérez Lu, JE. Evaluación del programa Juntos en relación a la salud materno infantil. Presentation to Peruvian policymakers during 3rd Annual MACHEquity Meeting. Lima, Peru, August 25, 2015.
14. Quamruzzaman A. Governance for Health: Infrastructural Power and Healthcare Service Delivery and Utilization in Africa (Open Refereed Roundtable). 110th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association. Chicago, USA, August 24 2015.
15. Hajizadeh M, Nandi A. The socioeconomic gradient of secondhand smoke exposure in children: Evidence from 26 low-and-middle-income countries. 2015 International Health Economics Association World Congress. Milan, Italy, July 15 2015.
16. Ponce N, Shimkada R, Raub A, Heymann J. Minimum Wage Policies and Child Nutritional Status in Low to Middle Income Countries. 2015 International Health Economics Association World Congress. Milan, Italy, July 15 2015.
17. Bhuwania P, Swaminathan H, Mukherji A. Mahila Samakhya: A pathway towards empowering women on marital and fertility outcomes? 2015 International Health Economics Association World Congress. Milan, Italy, July 14 2015.
18. Majid F. Do Minimum Wages Improve Early Life Health? Evidence from Developing Countries. 2015 International Health Economics Association World Congress. Milan, Italy, July 13 2015.
19. Quamruzzaman A. Economic Growth or Good Governance: What is More Important to Reduce Poverty and Insecurity in Sub-Saharan Africa? Canadian Sociological Association Congress. Ottawa, Canada, June 5 2015.
20. Majid F (roundtable with Browne AJ, Brownell M, Nickel NC, Pauly B). Tackling health inequities: The role of research in shrinking the gap. Canadian Public Health Association Public Health 2015. Vancouver, Canada, May 25 2015.
21. Maxwell L, Mendoza Rodríguez JM, Vincent I, Atabay E, Frank J, Heymann J, Nandi A. The association between work-related breastfeeding policies and breastfeeding initiation and duration: Population-level data from 57 low-and-middle-income countries. Population Association of America Annual Meeting. San Diego, USA, April 30 2015.
22. Hajizadeh M, Heymann J, Koski A, Strumpf E, Harper S, Nandi A. The Effect of Paid Maternity Leave on Neonatal and Infant Mortality in Low-and Middle-Income Countries. WCPH, India, February 13 2015.
23. Nandi A. Does mat leave matter? Effects on infant health in low- and middle-income countries. McGill Division of Clinical Epidemiology Seminar Series. Montreal, Canada, October 23 2014.
24. Koski A, Hajizadeh M, Heymann E, Strumpf E, Harper S, Nandi A. Increases in paid maternal leave associated with reductions in neonatal mortality: a multilevel analysis of approximately 300,000 births from 20 low-and-middle-income countries. SER Annual Meeting; Seattle, USA, June 25-27 2014.
25. Maswikwa B, Richter L, Desmond C, Nandi A, Kaufman J. Associations between minimum marriage age laws, child marriage rates and cumulative fertility: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa. ; GDN conference; Accra, Ghana, June 18-20 2014.
26. Hajizadeh M, Heymann J, Strumpf E, Harper S, Mendoza Rodríguez JM, Nandi A. Paid maternal leave and childhood vaccination uptake: A multilevel analysis in 20 low-and-middle-income countries. ESPAnet Annual Conference; Oslo, Norway, September 4-6 2014.
1. Mignon D. Child Work, Health and Policy Change in Colombia: Analysis using Demographic and Health Surveys from 2000, 2005 and 2010 (Master’s Thesis). École des Hautes Études en Santé Publique (Rennes, France). June 2016.
2. Koski A. Child Marriage in Sub-saharan Africa: Trends, Effects on Health, and Efforts to Limit the Practice (Doctoral Dissertation). McGill University, Department of Epidemiology (Montreal, Canada). April 2016.
3. Quamruzzaman A. Governance for Development in the Global South (Doctoral Dissertation). McGill University, Department of Sociology (Montreal, Canada). December 2015.
4. Pérez Lu JE. Evaluación del programa Juntos en relación a la salud materno infantil (Doctoral Dissertation). Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Escuela de Posgrado Víctor Alzamora Castro (Lima, Peru). December 2015.